Live betting, often known as in-play betting, is one of the most inventive types of sports betting in recent years, and it has made its way into the betting scene. Before you commit to any betting market, you will be able to see the live action of the tournament and how the competing golfers are performing. When it comes to live betting, it is a rather straightforward process that entails making bets in the same manner as pre-tournament bets.
The main distinction is that with live betting is that the betting odds are not fixed. Instead, they fluctuate based on what happens throughout the golf competition. Nowadays, each sports betting site worth its salt offers live betting to its customers. However, not all bookies offer the same live betting options. When compared to others, certain online betting companies provide superior live betting services to its users.
First Round Leader Betting
When it comes to the golf odds provided and how they are posted, the first-round leader betting market is comparable to the outright betting market. This wager type, unlike outright bets, does not include who will win an entire golfing tournament. Instead, it entails betting on who will be the leader at the completion of the first round of a golf event.
Because the wager only counts toward the first round of golf competitions, what occurs after the first round is irrelevant. We should also highlight that when there is a tie, most bookies apply the ‘dead heat rule.’ This means that the reward for correct bets will be higher.
A hole-in-one is a common golf word that refers to when a golfer manages to place the golf ball in the hole with only one shot. While this is relatively uncommon in golf games and competitions, several ace players manage to land it, making it another popular betting market. Punters may bet on whether a hole-in-one will occur during a golf event in the hole-in-one betting market. The nicest thing is that you don’t have to pick a player to make a hole-in-one. So, the hole-in-one market is a clear market in which you may choose the entire field to land a hole-in-one at any time.
Golf Matchup betting, commonly known as Head-to-Head betting, is another popular market in the betting system. Before the start of every golf event, internet bookies would supply various head-to-head matchup pairings for some of the game’s finest players. As a result, the purpose of the wager is for bettors to set one player against another in order to win the round or tournament.
The two golfers are not playing against each other in the traditional sense. You must determine which of the two matchup combinations will result in the lowest score. These bets are a good opportunity for Irish punters to gain some substantial rewards when betting on golf, because the market allows bettors to use their knowledge of golf and their understanding of the market.
When it comes to betting on golf, the outright winner is perhaps the most popular market you’ll find on most sports betting platforms. This bet is also known as a tournament winner bet, and it is popular during the year’s big golf tournaments such as the PGA Championship, US Open, and others. It entails guessing and betting on the golfer who will win the trophy after the competition is over. For example, you may bet on who will win the next Open Championship, US Open, Race to Dubai, or US Masters.
Because of the large number of tournament players, which makes the outcome of the tournaments unpredictable, the odds in this market are typically more appealing since they come with higher odds. Even the favourite to win will normally have odds of 4/1 or higher, which means that betting on the favourites to win may still profit a punter a tidy sum.
Prop betting, also known as proposition betting, is another popular type of betting method that Irish punters may use to wager on their favourite golf games. Prop bets are not your average golf wager. They often include any group of bets that do not directly affect the overall outcome of the golf competition. Props bets include the following:
- Will the tournament be decided by a playoff?
- By how many strokes will the champion be victorious?
- Which golfers will have the highest scores in each round?
- Golfers who will not make the cut
Props bets may be a great way to have fun while also earning some significant payments if you make the right predictions. We should point out that, unlike the typical wagers found for every golf event, these sorts of bets are more difficult to find, depending on the bookmaker of your choosing.
One simple reality about betting on golf is that predicting outright winners may be difficult. This is because, while some players have a higher chance of winning than others, each golfer teeing off on the field has a chance to be the overall winner. This is why punters benefit from each-way bets.
Placing an each-way bet is equivalent to making two simultaneous bets: one on the player to win the event and another on the same person to place in the tournament (i.e. finish in the top six positions). If the chosen player finishes first, the punter will collect the payoff for both bets. If the chosen golfer does not finish first but gets placed, the punter will only receive rewards for the place wager, which is normally 1/4th or 1/5th of the winning odds.
Aside from the ones we’ve discussed, there are hundreds more betting markets available when betting on golf. Some of the other markets worth mentioning are listed below.
- Versus the field Bets- Bets on anybody other than one or a few golfers winning a golf event are known as vs the field bets.
- Nationality betting- entails punters betting on a certain country’s golfer winning a golf tournament. For example, if Tiger Woods and Dustin Johnson are competing in a golf competition, you can place a bet on the United States to win if you feel they have the highest chance of winning. You can also choose Ireland to win if you feel James Sugrue or Jonathan Yates have the best possibilities. National betting also entails punters betting on who they believe will have the greatest score among individuals from a given country.
- Top 5/10/20 Finish: Irish punters may bet on any player to finish inside a set number of spots in this market.
- Six Shooter: Similar to the match betting market we discussed before, the Six Shooter market allows online bookmakers to pair up to six golfers from the field. For your wager to be successful, you must select one of the six golfers to win that group.
- Place Bets: In this market, bettors bet on a golfer finishing inside a certain number of places, generally up to the top 5 for most sports betting sites.
- Betting on the cut: In this market, you must wager on whether you believe a player will make the cut or not when the elimination round arrives.